Posting Title: Seasonal Part-Time Sales Department Clerk
Requisition Number: 171233
Location: AG Raleigh City Store
Zip Code: 27612
Job Category: Retail Sales/Merchandising
At American Girl, our vision is Inspiring the Wonder of Childhood. We strive to achieve this vision primarily through our creative and enthusiastic employees who DARE to be innovative, and THRIVE in a friendly and fast-paced environment. American Girl is committed to developing employees and supporting their career goals, helping them GROW with a host of meaningful experiences and learning opportunities. And by promoting a culture of BALANCE that emphasizes working passionately and taking time to play often, we are proud of how our employees LEAD by example in all that they do!
American Girl, a wholly owned subsidiary of Mattel, is opening soon at the Crabtree Valley Mall in Raleigh. We are currently seeking Seasonal Part-time Sales Department Clerks to thrive in a friendly and fast-paced environment. This position will be responsible for:
* Approach and engage customers using professional communication skills.
* Utilize total store knowledge and inter-selling techniques in effectively determine the customer’s needs.
* Have the ability to be flexible and adapt quickly to changes with the pace of the business and its needs.
* Actively support the mission of the company, which is “To Celebrate Girls.”
* Assess and meet customer merchandise and service needs.
* Promptly and accurately process all point of sale transactions. Partner with management when needed to resolve customer issues.
* Possess the ability to work with a broad & diverse work force and customer base with a strong affinity toward service & teamwork.
Experience, Education & Skills Requirements:
* High energy, organizational skills, flexibility and positive attitude required.
* Must possess basic computer skills in order to operate the register.
* Minimum of six months to one year of specialty retail and/or customer service experience.
* Must have availability Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
American Girl is a premium brand for girls and a wholly owned subsidiary of Mattel, Inc. (NASDAQ:MAT, www.mattel.com), a creations company that inspires the wonder of childhood. Headquartered in Middleton, WI, American Girl offers an inspiring world of dolls, experiences, and entertainment to empower and unite girls of all ages. Best-selling lines include Truly Me™, Girl of the Year™, Bitty Baby™, WellieWishers™, and the classic historical character line BeForever™. American Girl’s mission is to help build girls of strong character—a goal that has already earned the loyalty of millions and the praise and trust of their parents and educators. The company sells products through its award-winning catalogue, on americangirl.com, and in its experiential retail stores nationwide. Select American Girl product is also sold via Toys“R”Us. Outside of the U.S, American Girl products are sold at specialty boutiques with Indigo™ and Chapters™ in Canada and with El Palacio de Hierro in Mexico City. To learn more about American Girl or request a free catalogue, call 1-800-845-0005 or visit www.americangirl.com, www.facebook.com/americangirl, www.facebook.com/americangirlcareers or www.twitter.com/american_girl
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please visit www.AmericanGirl.com. Click on Careers, Click on Job Search, and Search by the US Location of Raleigh, NC.