Posted: January 11, 2018
WINTER BEAUTY TIPS
PHOTO CREDIT- BARE ESSENTIALS
Guest Blogger - April Clark, Fashion Aficionado, Beauty, Lifestyle Blogger
As the weather gets brisker your beauty routine should change as well. Shop winter-ready beauty products to keep your hair, skin, nails and makeup up to par.
- Stay hydrated to prevent dryness. The key to flawless skin is WATER! Drink a half a gallon of water a day to keep the dryness away!
- Change your water-based moisturizer for an oil based one. While both of these types can be beneficial depending on your skin type, an oil-based moisturizer does come with a few drawbacks that you may want to consider. A water-based moisturizer may be more beneficial in the long term, as it may feel lighter on your skin and is less likely to clog pores like an oil-based moisturizer.
- Sunscreen is essential even during the winter months. The sun’s harmful rays are just as strong and damaging despite what your thermometer says, particularly the UVA rays which are responsible for aging skin.
- Dry Skin? Use a roller ball with virgin cold-press coconut oil or argon oil to roll over dry patches
- Stay away from face powder and opt for a creamy liquid. Cream foundations tend to hold a little more moisture and give skin a nice dewy, hydrated finish.
- Use Moisturizer to prime. If you have dry skin add moisturizer before you apply your makeup.
- Use a liquid highlighter. To brighten dull winter skin, add liquid highlighter with a slightly damp beauty blender.
- Add color to your cheeks. Combine blush and bronzer for bright looking cheeks.
- Get a Trim! Every six to eight weeks, just get a light dusting of the ends to help reduce the chance of dry ends.
- Don’t skimp on the conditioner. This will help to replenish the moisture, which tends to get depleted from things such as the dry heat in your home and the cold winter air.
- Get an oil massage to prevent dandruff. There is better blood flow and nourishment to the hair follicles and adding oil retains moisture as well.
- Wear Leave in Conditioner. Use leave in conditioner to combat static.
- Use a nightly moisturizing treatment. At night, wearing a set of cotton gloves over a moisturizing treatment can help heal cracks and rough patches on your hands.
- Use lotion always! Moisturize your hands and nails after you wash your hands so they stay hydrated.
- Avoid scented lotions. Instead of using scented lotions, try out an ointment like Aquaphor. It keeps the skin hydrated whereas the additives and chemicals in most lotions with fragrance can be drying.
- Avoid acetone nail polish. Overusing nail polish remover, especially in the winter, can be particularly drying to the nails. Be sparingly with nail polish removers, keep usage to once a week and use non-acetone nail polish remover.
SHOP THESE RETAILERS FOR YOUR WINTER BEAUTY CARE REGIMINE:
- Bare Minerals
- The Body Shop
- Bath & Body Works
- Clinique at Belk
- Bobby Brown at Belk
- Carmen,Carmen Salon
- Crabtree & Evelyn
- Diva Nail & Spa
- Idolize Brows & Beauty
- iStyle Hair Salon
- Master Cuts
- Merle Norman
- Polish Nails & Wax